The Clark County R-1 Board of Education won’t be changing it’s property tax levy for the 2008-2009 fiscal year.
No Change In CCR-1 Tax Rate
By Mike Scott
The Clark County R-1 Board of Education won’t be changing it’s property tax levy for the 2008-2009 fiscal year. At a tax rate hearing prior to the Thursday night, August 14 meeting, the board vote to leave the levy unchanged. The school will collect $2.75 per $100 of assessed valuation for its general fund, and 75 cents per $100 for its debt service.
In its regular meeting, the board discussed the possibility of creating an alternative school in cooperation with Scotland County R-1.
“Scotland County is very interested. We could share a building at Wyaconda,” CCR-1 High School principal Jason Harper reported
Harper and Megan Wendling from the high school recently visited an alternative school in Harrisonville. The program they viewed has two sessions per day, each 2:50 in length. Students would take the same course for 14 days, then move on.
The board will continue to get more information and look for grants to help fund the program.
Superintendent Ritchie Kracht reported district’s absorbing of the former Wyaconda district. He reported that currently there is approximately $196,000 in the bank from Wyaconda, and that CCR-1 will received 89% of the balance after final bills are paid. Gorin will get the remaining 11 percent.
In other business, the board:
--Approved a service agreement to keep curriculum in the tech lab up to date.
--Review the OPAA Food Service. ?The district’s food service made a profit last year, reversing several years of losses.
--Kracht reported purchasing a new freezer for Black Hawk. The cost was $14,900.
--Set activity admission for the year at $3 adults, $2 students,, $1 senior citizens and $10 family.
--Set the out of district student tuition rates at $5127.53 for elementary, $5905.76 for middle school and $6919.50 for high school. Transportation costs will be $618.93.
--Approved request from two parents to allow their child to attended a different elementary school.
--Kracht was to meet with an engineer Friday to begin making plans to pave the high school parking lot.
--Set Oct 3 as Homecoming, April 25 as Prom, and May 17 for graduation.